Amicus Curie Brief
Regarding State v. Carl Robert Gibson
Docket # 217-2015-CR
Merrimack Superior April 11, 2016
Now comes Edward Naile, 61 Tubbs Hill Rd., Deering NH, 03244, a registered Democrat voter in Hillsborough County, NH and requests the Court accept this Amicus Curie Brief regarding one Carl Robert Gibson, purportedly of 26 Summit Street in Concord who is awaiting trial for alleged violations of RSA666.6, RSA629:1 and RSA650:40, stemming from what has been described by him as a prank after a few beers on May 14, 2015.
I would like to add to this case evidence of what I believe is Carl Robert Gibson’s (Gibson) long established record of political theater and activism, some of which borders on deliberate criminal action. And in support says:
1. Mr. Gibson started voting in NH in 2012’s November General Election when he was in this state campaigning against Congressman Frank Guinta. He registered same-day in Manchester and has remained a current, active voter, registered in Concord at 26 Summit St.
2. Mr. Gibson travels all over the United States working on various campaigns and political issues.
3. On April, 2 of 2013 Gibson registered and voted in the Wisconsin statewide election for Supreme Court members there. (Exhibit A) He maintained that he lived at 244 W. Lakelawn Place in Madison.
4. Previous to declaring Madison Wisconsin his legal domicile and after declaring Concord, NH his legal domicile on November 6, 2012, Gibson renewed his Kentucky Driver’s License on November 11, 2012, which under Ky. Statutes must be done in person. Gibson used his parent’s home as his legal domicile for that license. (Exhibit B)
5. He also registered to vote in Ct. on April 24, 2012 at the address of 49-1 Seaside Lane, Old Lyme Ct. where the car he was driving in 2015 was registered when he was arrested in NH. Plate # 969-ZTG.
6. Mr. Gibson claims this event in NH which led to his arrest was a prank but he has a history of political pranks which could best be described as dirty tricks if not criminal activity. One such stunt, in April of 2011, was his creation of a fake web identity to publish a press release claiming General Electric was voluntarily paying $3 billion dollars in back taxes to the US Government. (Exhibit C).
7. Another stunt was to give private, inter-office Mississippi Public Radio documents to his friends to publish. (Exhibit D). In the story he regrets using a traceable email – something he still had not quite mastered in NH in 2015.
8. Mr. Gibson has arrests from four other states where he was involved in political activities. He regularly publishes his videos on You Tube and web sites. One he posted in Chicago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMzc2M728r0 shows him from inside the police wagon with a cell phone he had hidden away.
9. Another arrest in Wisconsin is posted on You Tube as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS0qPqnTZNY
10. Mr. Gibson’s arrest in Wisconsin in 2013 aligns with his voter registration claim of domicile for voting, while being a registered voter in NH.
11. Gibson was arrested in New York in September of 2012 during a protest. The article he wrote about it clams he lived in Ct. (Exhibit E).
12. He was arrested in July of 2013 in North Carolina at a Moral Monday March. He posted an article on the web about his arrest. (Exhibit F)
13. Mr. Gibson’s political career includes writing about politics and his involvement in political events. He came to NH for the express reason of involving himself in specific political campaigns. He is not domiciled here. He is a lawful resident of Kentucky by Kentucky statute:
Kentucky Revised Statutes
KRS Chapter 186 The KRS database was last updated on 12/15/2015
(12) "Resident" means any person who has established Kentucky as his or her state of domicile. Proof of residency shall include but not be limited to a deed or property tax bill, utility agreement or utility bill, or rental housing agreement. The possession by an operator of a vehicle of a valid Kentucky operator's license shall be primafacie evidence that the operator is a resident of Kentucky.
14. When taking an objective look at Gibson’s past political actions it is clear he is no hapless volunteer who, after a few beers, engaged in a foolish prank. Gibson is a seasoned, professional campaigner and political activist who knew full well that making a specific public utterance, with calculated timing, would suppress the total vote of the targeted candidate.
15. As is his pattern of behavior, he has moved from his 26 Summit St. residence to a place unknown to the public.
I believe the Court should take into consideration the above stated facts – which are only a sample of what can be found regarding Mr. Gibson and his aggressive political activities. Everyone has a right to engage in politics but not by diminishing others rights by false claims and picking and choosing elections in which he wants to vote, through interstate voting and multiple registrations.
I hereby verify the above statements are true to the best of my ability
I hereby certify a copy of this document was delivered to the opposing party.