I know they won’t listen to me but if only Charlie Brown was here to tell the Establishment Republicans not to try and kick the ball the Democrats are holding for them. But there is no talking sense to people who are scared of their own shadow and principals.
Here we go.
Bill O’Brien is your only logical pick for Speaker of the House for several self evident reasons.
1. Bill O’Brien is the only former House Speaker with the history of eliminating an $800 million dollar deficit the Democrats set up for a broad based tax. That should be enough.
2. Speaker Bill O’Brien was isolated and targeted with the age old Alinsky Rules for Radicals, and that is what the Democrat leadership is, playbook. Bill O’Brien and Bill O’Brien alone was targeted because he was effective. Here is rule #12:
* RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)
3. If the Republicans offer themselves as prey to the biggest, most effective tool Leftist Democrats have it is only a matter of time until another effective person is singled out for destruction; Gov. Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Tom Delay, Sen. John Tower, Clarence Thomas, Governor Benson, and on and on. You never win surrendering your most effective people to a dirt bag trick.
4. Establishment Republicans didn’t win this election. There should be no reward, such as the usual throwing one of their own to the wolves.
Now pay attention.
5. And what exactly do Republicans get in exchange for tossing Bill O’Brien into the most recent Democrat constructed gulag? Are they trading for a target they want out? No, they never do. Why not go after Ray Buckley for a “clean 2015 slate”? Aren’t the Dems tired of the roller coaster election triumphs? How about claiming some effective Democrat leader’s head in exchange for Bill O’Brien if you don’t want to pick the obvious stain on decency in charge of the Democrat Party?
How about some offence for a change, Republicans? Is that too much to ask?
6. The NH Democrats ran on a campaign of really stupid issues: war on women, Republicans will abolish S.S, increasing the minimum wage, Scott Brown wasn’t from here, just born here, and most importantly, how much we hate Bill O’Brien. This tactic garnered them the college student top of the ticket vote – as usual. So what’s the first move out of the Republican box? Oh, let’s sacrifice Bill O’Brien and make one of their phony issues a winner.
7. Stop for a minute and try and guess what effective Republican is next in the Alinsky lineup. This tactic works so well it shouldn’t be long before the leftists have a new target to personalize and destroy. What individual has to suffer this time for no reason? Instead of chiming in and agreeing with your opponent that the next person has to go how about defending the target for once? If you do the logical thing and push back against Alinsky’s disgusting Rule #12 the Democrats will become unhinged, to use an old Democrat term for NH conservatives, and wouldn’t that alone be worth it? There is no remedy in the Alinsky playbook for when one of his tools doesn’t work. How about going there for a CHANGE.