- The battle continues: A hearing for School Choice Bill HB 1707 is scheduled for January 12, 2006 at 11:00 am in room 207 of the Legislative Office Building in Concord. School Choice supporters are needed to attend and if possible, testify in support of this bill.
- HB 1707 will allow some parents to choose the education that is best for their children.
- HB 1707 will save taxpayers money and will not drain the public schools of money or students. See two attachments for explanation of cost-savings written by Richard Evans.
- Please contact the Representatives on the House Education Committee and ask them to vote in favor of HB 1707. A list of names is available at: House Education Committee
We very much need your help! Last year, the largest teachers’ union, the National Education Association (NEA), spent $65 million to defeat pro-family legislation, which includes School Choice legislation! The NEA has a $58 million dollar payroll and over 600 employees, more than half of whom draw six-figure salaries. (Wall Street Journal, “Teacher’s Pets,” January 3, 2006) In contrast, we are dependent on you to let your legislators know that you support SchoolChoice.
- Please forward this ALERT to your family and friends!