Governor Romney was here for the past two days, but is now in Iowa – probably for the rest of theyear.
- Governor Romney is doing a Bus Tour in Iowa. I’m hearing that the Mitt Mobile is the flagship of the Bus Tour. (For you Trekkies, the Enterprise was (will be?) the flagship of the United Federation of Planets)
- Last night the LA Times/Bloomberg poll was released. Details are below. This shows that polls will be in flux and all over the place over the next couple of weeks.
- Senator Talent will do a call with reporters at 11:15 this morning. The call-in is (866) 867-9768; Participant code: 866697.
- An op-ed in the Union Leader - Ovide Lamontagne: Romney would bring an outsider's zeal to reforming Washington
- An op-ed from yesterday’s Concord Monitor – Bruce Keough: Mitt Romney is the right leader for these challenging times
- Former New Hampshire First Lady Gale Thomson (fmr. Gov. Meldrim Thomson’s wife) endorsed Gov. Romney today. Release below.
- We also began an ad this morning in New Hampshire. To see it - http://tv.mittromney.com/?showid=728416 (script below)
FORMER NEW HAMPSHIRE FIRST LADY GALE THOMSON ENDORSES GOVERNOR MITT ROMNEY
Boston , MA –Today, former New Hampshire First Lady Gale Thomson announced her endorsement of Governor Mitt Romney. Mrs. Thomson is the wife of late New Hampshire Governor Meldrim Thomson Jr., who's "Ax the Tax" platform inspired future state and national candidates to take a pledge against raising taxes. She joins her son, anti-tax advocate Tom Thomson, who had previously announced his support of Governor Romney.
"Governor Romney strongly believes that through fiscally conservative policies, we can grow the economy, create better jobs and build a stronger America for future generations. He fought for those principles as Governor and he'll do the same as our nation's president. My husband always said, 'low taxes are the result of low spending,' and Mitt Romney embodies this vital conservative principle. I would encourage all Granite Staters to join me in supporting Governor Romney's campaign," said Gale Thomson.
Upon the announcement, Governor Romney said, "I am honored to have the endorsement of Gale Thomson, one of New Hampshire's most respected leaders. She and her husband faithfully served the people of the Granite State and worked to bring fiscallyresponsible policies to the State Capitol. I look forward to working with her to bring conservative change to Washington."
Background On Former New Hampshire First Lady Gale Thomson:
Gale Thomson Is The Widow Of Former Governor Meldrim Thomson, Jr., And Served As New Hampshire's First Lady From 1973 Until 1979. During that time, she also served as a Trustee of the Youth Development Center. Today, Mrs.Thomson resides in Orford, NewHampshire and runs Mt. Cube Farm. She has six children, 18 grandchildren, and 25 great-grandchildren. She was a Trustee of the Robert Frost Farm and a member of the Lilac Commission.
ROMNEY FOR PRESIDENT LAUNCHES NEW TELEVISION AD,"FUTURE"
Boston , MA – Today, Romney for President launched its newest television ad, "Future." The ad highlights the choice Republicans will have to make when it comes to strengthening our country. Senator McCain opposed strengthening our economy through lower taxes. He has pushed legislation allowing every illegal immigrant to stay in the United States. Governor Romney took a different course. He cut taxes and spending in Massachusetts. He has consistently opposed amnesty for illegal immigrants. On election day, Republicans will have a choice between two very different records and visions for our future.
The ad will begin airing today as part of the campaign's rotation in New Hampshire. Script and viewing links are below. Expanding platforms where Romney for President ads can be viewed, "Future" can also be found at: http://campaigncircus.com/video_player.php?v=250006834
Script For "Future"(TV:30):
GOVERNOR MITT ROMNEY: "I'm Mitt Romney and I approved this message."
ANNOUNCER: "John McCain, an honorable man. But is he the right Republican for the future?
"McCain opposes repeal of the death tax, and voted against the Bush tax cuts twice.
"McCain pushed to let every illegal immigrant stay here permanently.
"Even voted to allow illegals to collect Social Security.
"And Mitt Romney? Mitt Romney cut taxes and spending as Governor.
"He opposes amnesty for illegals.
"Mitt Romney. John McCain. There is a difference."
To watch "Future," please see : http://tv.mittromney.com/?showid=728416
LA Times/Bloomberg Poll
1,279 sampled in New Hampshire Dec. 20-23 and 26
Gov. Romney 34%
Sen. McCain 21%
Mayor Giuliani 15%
Gov. Huckabee 9%