MANCHESTER, NH— As Jan8th approaches, members of Barack Obama’s NH steering committee – an impressive collection of community leaders and representatives – are joining supporters and volunteers from across NewHampshire in stepping up the campaign’s grassroots organizing and continuing their efforts to educate voters about Barack Obama’s vision of change.
Over the next 12 days, steering committee members from around the state will be canvassing, participating in phone banks, and meeting voters face to face in diners and coffee shops across the state. Watch for them on the campaign trail.
To date, beyond playing an important advisory role to Senator Obama’s campaign, committee members have hosted house parties, attended organizational meetings, and engaged neighbors and fellow citizens, building on the strong support that Obama has cultivated in the Granite State.
For updates about the schedule of the steering committee members, or tospeak with any of them, please contact Clark Stevensat 603-668-7364.
The steering committee includes:
· James M. Demers , NH Campaign Co-Chair, former member of the New Hampshire House of Representatives and former congressional candidate.
· Martha Fuller Clark ,NH Campaign Co-Chair, former member of the New Hampshire House of Representatives and current Majority Whip of the New Hampshire state Senate while representing Senate District 24.
· Ned Helms , NH Campaign Co-Chair, former state Democratic Party Chairman and candidate for governor.
· Mary Rauh , NH Campaign Co-Chair, leader on women’s issues in New Hampshire for 20years and a former Democratic candidate for Congress in the second district.
· Debby Butler ,certified public accountant for the law firm Sulloway and Hollis and a co-chair of John Lynch’s 2006 gubernatorial campaign.
· Jackie Cilley ,NH State Senator representing Senate District 6 and a former state representative.
· Joanne Dowdell ,the Vice President of Corporate Responsibility for Citizens Advisers, Inc. a socially responsible mutual fund firm in Portsmouth,NH.
· Dayton Duncan ,an award winning writer, documentary filmmaker, and author.
· Dianne Kearns Duncan , a former political reporter and current law student.
· Kate Hanna , a partner at Sheehan Phinney Bass + Green where she chairs the firm's Healthcare Practice Group, and a former member of the New Hampshire House of Representatives .
· Meg Cadoux Hirshberg , freelance writer and political activist, senior advisor to the Howard Dean campaign in 2004.
· Harold Janeway ,NH State Senator representing Senate District 7, serves on the Finance, Ways & Means, Health & Human Services, and the Wildlife, Fish, & GameCommittees.
· Jim Kennedy , NH State Representative representing Exeter,serves on the Fish and Game Committee.
· Paul McEachern , NH State Representative representing Portsmouth,director with the law firm Shaines & McEachern,PA.
· Annie McLane Kuster , Director of Rath, Young, & Pignatelli’s Education and Non-Profit Law Practice Group.
· Chip Moynihan , Principal and founder of The Moynihan Group, Hampton,NH, a director of the New England Employees Benefits Council, and a former member of the Health Care Task Force of Associated Industries of MA.
· Jack Pratt ,a f ormer Democratic state representative from Walpole , current Cheshire County Commissioner.
· Alan Reische , Vice-chair of the Workforce Opportunity Council and member of the Governor's Advisory Committee on Capital Formation, and a partner at Sheehan Phinney Bass + Green where he focuses on transactional matters.
· Paul Twomey ,an attorney specializing in criminal defense and election law, represented the New Hampshire Democratic Party in the phone jamming and ballot order cases.