Are you looking for ideas for your multimedia newsroom efforts?
The New England News Forum is pleased to announce the availability for download or streaming of the 90-minute training and informational video: "Rebooting Your Newsroom: Adding blogs, podcasts, citizens and the web."
The video is an edited version of the workshop of the same name presented by the news forum at the New England Press Association annual convention on Saturday, Feb. 9, 2008, in Boston. It is available for free, educational/training use on the web. A high-resolution DVD may be ordered for $30.00 duplication/handling costs from email@example.com.
To launch the video, point your browser to:
AWARDS: A look at best practices
* Beth Lawton, manager of digital strategies, Newspaper Association of America.
VIDEO: It can't get much easier
* Steve Garfield, a pioneering Boston-based videoblogger and correspondent for
the daily videoblog Rocketboom.com.
WEEKLIES: You too can have a interactive website
* Jeff Potter, editor and publisher of the Shelburne Falls (MA) Independent.
Training/STAFF -- Fresno's invention convention
* Jennifer Ward, interactive editor at The Fresno (CA) Bee
USERS: How reliable a source?
* Mark Potts, blogger, consultant to Philly.com, founder of BackFence.com and
former WashingtonPost.com executive.
Training/PUBLIC -- The citizen-media academy
* Cody Howard, news director, 6-News, a cable station owned by the Lawrence
(KS) Journal World.
BLOGS: The new link with readers/users?
* Steve Fox, journalism professor, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst.
DONATE TO THE NEW ENGLAND NEWS FORUM
If you find this resource useful to your organization, please consider making a donation to the New England News Forum to support this kind of education and outreach.
SECURE GIFT FORM LAUNCH:
Bill Densmore, Executive Director
The New England News Forum
108 Bartlett Hall University of Massachusetts
Amherst MA 01003