(Concord, NH) The New Hampshire Department of Corrections recently held its annual Employee Recognition Ceremony. The annual event recognizes staff at four prisons, four transitional housing units, and eleven district offices.
At the New Hampshire State Prison for Men in Concord (NHSP/M), three Corrections Officers, one civilian employee, and a team of employees were recognized for their devotion to duty and hard work. Four other officers were awarded special medals.
· 2007-2008 First Shift Officer of the Year: C.O. Michael Biron
· 2007-2008 Second Shift Officer of the Year: Lt. Roderick Greenwood
· 2007-2008 Third Shift Officer of the Year: Lt. Christopher Shaw
· 2007-2008 Civilian Employee of the Year: Case Counselor/Manager Ernest Beaulieu
· 2007-2008 NCF Team of the Year: Recreation Team
Four Life Saving medals were awarded to Corrections Officers in recognition of the valiant effort during which they rescued an inmate from a burning cell last September 27, 2007. Recognized with medals were: Cpl. Sherwood Dubrey , Sgt. Luca Susca , Cpl. Ralph Prive , and C.O. Jeremy Philbrick .
Also recognized at the event was staff assigned to the Secure Psychiatric Unit-Residential Treatment Unit (SPU/RTU), a special housing unit overseeing offenders with significant mental health needs. The 2007-2008 Officer of the Year is C.O. Ryan Goulette . Recognized as Civilian Employee of the Year is Secretary Sara Damour . The SPU/RTU Nursing Staff was recognized as Team of the Year.