Once again, the party bosses are trying to stop a conservative from going to Congress.
In the November 3rd special election in New York's 23rd Congressional District, there is a tight three-way race to succeed Congressman John McHugh, who resigned to become Secretary of the Army in the Obama Administration.
The candidates are Democrat Bill Owens; Dede Scozzafava, a Republican who is more liberal than Owens; and Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman.
Republican Party leaders are supposed to represent the interests and values of grassroots Republicans. But, in next week's election, it's almost as if they'd rather have a liberal Democrat win than a conservative who'll challenge the big-spending, Big Government, special interest politics in Washington.
They're supporting the left-wing RINO "Republican In Name Only" - Dede Scozzafava, who's been backed in previous elections by ACORN's political party arm. Incredibly, Scozzafava is running as the "official" Republican candidate.
They're giving her hundreds of thousands of dollars raised overwhelmingly from conservatives. That's right: After using conservative issues and conservative language to raise money from conservatives, they're putting that money behind an ACORN-type liberal. That's immoral.
And it's politically disastrous. Scozzafava's campaign is driving a wedge between conservatives and the GOP. Her campaign's collapsing, and she's likely to come in third among three candidates. Yet there's a very good chance that she could pull just enough votes away from conservative Doug Hoffman to allow the liberal Democrat to win with less than 40%.
Let's tell the bosses: Support the conservative candidate - the one backed by conservatives like Sarah Palin, Michelle Malkin, Sean Hannity, Fred Thompson, Rick Santorum, Dick Armey, Michele Bachman, Steve Forbes, and Mark Levin\205 by the Club for Growth and the American Conservative Union\205 and by The Washington Times, National Review, and the Wall Street Journal editorial page.
Go right now to http://conservativehq.com/petitions/ and sign our petition. Tell top Republicans to support conservative Doug Hoffman instead of the Ultimate RINO, Dede Scozzafava.
And pass this message along to your friends, family, neighbors, fellow church members, co-workers, and everyone on your e-mail list who might be receptive to this message.
The special election next week, for an open congressional seat from New York, will be reported widely as a referendum on President Obama's policies. If the liberal Democrat wins, it will give another vote to the Pelosi-Obama extremists.
It will also be seen as a bellwether. It will affect the ability of conservatives to recruit candidates and raise money in the 2010 elections.
Yet Republican Party "leaders" - the same people who caused the party to collapse in 2006-2008, who made Nancy Pelosi speaker and made Barack Obama president - insist on splitting the vote in New York, preventing conservatives and Republicans from uniting behind Doug Hoffman.
Please go NOW and sign our petition at http://conservativehq.com/petitions/.
And pass this message along to your friends, family, and co-workers.
The petition reads:
TO REPUBLICAN LEADERS (including Newt Gingrich, Minority Leader John Boehner, Minority Whip Eric Cantor, NRCC Chairman Pete Sessions, and 14 other House Republicans who have donated to the Scozzafava campaign) and to congressional candidate Dede Scozzafava herself:
WHEREAS, the 2009 congressional election in the 23rd district of New York will be reported as a measure of the popularity of President Obama's policies and as a bellwether for the 2010 elections; and
WHEREAS, it is critical that conservatives and Republicans join together to defeat the liberal Democratic candidate in the race; and
WHEREAS, Republican Party bosses, in a backdoor deal, overrode the will of local Republicans and selected, as the GOP nominee, liberal Dede Scozzafava; and
WHEREAS, conservatives and moderates cannot in good conscience support Scozzafava, who -
- Supported the Obama "stimulus" that crippled the economy and that was opposed by every single House Republican,
- As a member of the New York assembly, compiled a voting record to the left of most Democrats in the assembly,
- Voted in the state assembly for tax increases that helped wreck the state's economy - so many tax increases that her Democrat opponent attacks her as a tax-raiser,
- Supports "card check," which would eliminate the secret ballot in union certification elections, effectively forcing people to support leftwing unions against their will,
- Has run repeatedly as the candidate of the Working Families Party, an electoral arm of ACORN, which epitomizes corruption in America politics, and
- Has the support of the abortion industry, supports same-sex marriage, and is (according to the leftwing Daily Kos) "to the left of most Democrats on social issues."
WHEREAS, the Conservative Party candidate in the race is Doug Hoffman, a businessman who would ably represent the mainstream values of the people of the 23rd district; and
WHEREAS, the continued presence in the race of Scozzafava threatens to split the Republican and conservative vote, leading to the election of the Democrat and thwarting the will of most voters in the district; and
WHEREAS, Republican leaders and would-be leaders have a responsibility not to act as "spoilers" in this election,
- We the undersigned call upon Republican leaders, and those who wish to lead the party, to endorse Hoffman, and
- We call upon Republicans who have endorsed Scozzafava to withdraw their endorsements and to endorse Hoffman, and
- We urge Dede Scozzafava to withdraw from the race and endorse Hoffman, in the best interests of the party in which she claims membership.
Please, go RIGHT NOW to http://conservativehq.com/petitions/ . . . sign our petition, and get your friends, family, co-workers, etc. to do so.