"We intend for the exclusive new NRN 500 coalition
to set the tone and the pace for countering the
Obama agenda every step of the way."
-- NetRightNation executive director Adam Bitely
NetRightNation.com (NRN) executive director Adam Bitely today announced the formation of the new NetRightNation 500, a coalition of the top 500 center/right bloggers committed to "countering the Obama agenda every step of the way."
"This is a major development for the center/right blogging community," said Bitely, the founder of NRN. "For the first time ever, the top bloggers will be able to coordinate major nationwide offensives with hard-hitting, unified messaging. We'll be able to impact critical issues from the grassroots up, helping to stop the Obama Big Government agenda dead in its tracks."
According to Bitely, the NRN 500 together reach more than 500,000 readers nationwide. And, he says, they are the readers that "most influence grassroots attitudes and actions."
In order to help the NRN 500 wield that influence, Bitely says, the NetRight Nation team has put together what he terms "a highly pro-active program," including:
- A Twitter Instant Alert Service allowing NRN 500 members to further spread there message out to the entire blogosphere
- A Text Messaging Service advising NRN 500 members of actions to take on breaking issues
- Utilize technology such as Facebook Connect where NRN 500 members can discuss actions a nd events of critical import
- A blogosphere Instant Aggregation Service enabling NRN 500 members to quickly pick up the latest blog entries on key issues
- A weekly NRN 500 NewsMakers Conference tying in NRN 500 members with top members of Congress and other political leaders to strategize on key issues
- A series of monthly NRN 500 Up Close & Personal Breakfasts brining NRN 500 members together with top leaders nationwide
- An NRN 500 Weekly Update newsletter keeping members abreast of the latest political and technological developments
"The top priority for the NRN team is to make certain the members of the NRN 500 have everything they need to foment and focus change nationwide," Bitely said.
"The members of the NRN 500 coalition are what social scientists Berlo and Lazarsfeld identified as 'opinion leaders' in their 'Two-Step Flow' of communications study. So, when they NRN 500 members speak, others listen – and act.
"We intend for the exclusive new NRN 500 coalition to set the tone and the pace for countering the Obama agenda every step of the way," Bitely said.