VFW Endorsements Rile Grassroots
Disagreement within national VFW as Washington insiders ally with political neocons at the VA
Should grassroots members have a say in political endorsements made in their group's name?A dispute over that question could end in the Veterans of Foreign Wars dissolving the political action committee its members created more than three decades ago. At heart, the debate is one between Washington insiders-who seek to increase their leverage on Capitol Hill-and veteran members the PAC said are swept up in a national anti-establishment tide. "I think the nation is upset with Congress period," Jerry Newberry, a PAC spokesman, said.
Read More >>>
Today's Featured Stories...
- President Obama: 'It Gets Better' Statement on Bullying
- Obama appoints record number of gay officials
- Air Force manual describes shadowy cyberwar world
- New Medical Forms Will Streamline Veterans Claims Process
- CHEMICAL EXPOSURE: ONE VETERAN'S STORY
- Anti-Veteran Senate Candidate Ron Johnson Pursists His 'No-Details' Campaign
- The Supreme Court Sold Out Our Democracy - How to Fight the Corporate Takeover of Our Elections
- Lawyers establish Flotilla Justice Group to coordinate legal action
- Top 10 Veterans Stories in Today's News
- BEWARE OF NEW WORK AT HOME SCAMS
- A Month Without Monsanto
- TacTalk: THE COLOR CODE OF MENTAL AWARENESS
- Walk-in Veteran Pilot Program in Wisconsin and Kansas
- Top 13 Human-Caused Environmental Horrors (Halloween Special)
- How Monsanto conquered Afghanistan and Vietnam with our tax money and the lives of loved ones
- ALAN HART SPEAKS OUT ON 'THE UGLY TRUTH'
- U.S. Department of Defense Announces Latest Contract Awards