We have exactly 29 days left before Election Day.
A tidal wave of grassroots energy – which began with Americans' opposition to the Democrats' $787 billion stimulus debacle and grew stronger with last summer's health care town hall meetings – will finally come to a head on November 2nd.
With such a short time to go until voters go to the polls I wanted to give you an update on where we stand.
- First, we are confident that every Republican incumbent running for reelection will win.
- Additionally, we also strongly expect to hold every Republican open seat. The national Democrats have ceded New Hampshire, Kansas, Utah and Ohio – and they are spending no money in these races.
- In Alaska, Joe Miller appears to be holding a significant lead over both his opponents.
- In Florida, Marco Rubio has opened a commanding lead over both Charlie Crist and liberal Kendrick Meek.
- In Missouri, despite the national Democrats spending over $3 million to smear Roy Blunt with baseless attacks, Blunt continues to lead Robin Carnahan.
- And in Kentucky, Dr. Rand Paul holds consistent lead over Louisville liberal trial lawyer Jack Conway.
We have the momentum, but to keep it going and put our candidates over the top in all of these competitive races, we will need the resources to fight. Help us keep the pressure on the Democrats and win these races by donating $25, $50, $100, $250 or more.
As for the Democrat held seats, we are going to win a lot of races.
- John Hoeven is going to win North Dakota.
- In Indiana, Hoosiers know Brad Ellsworth as Nancy Pelosi's loyal deputy who supported ObamaCare and the failed stimulus, and the polls reflect that Dan Coats will win.
- And, in Arkansas, Senator Blanche Lincoln is trailing by nearly 25 points to John Boozman.
- In Illinois, we expect this race to be competitive to the end, but are confident Mark Kirk will defeat failed mob banker Alexi Giannoulias.
- In Pennsylvania, the Democrats have spent over $3 million accusing attacking Pat Toomey and he is in better shape today than he was a month ago.
- In Wisconsin, President Obama's approval rating have plummeted and voters have began to scrutinize 18-year incumbent Russ Feingold's record, while businessman Ron Johnson's strong campaign has consistently picked up steam. We will provide Johnson with whatever help he needs to maintain his lead over Feingold and win on November 2nd.
- In Colorado, despite being outspent by Governor Ritter's appointed Senator Michael Bennet, Ken Buck is poised to win, and the NRSC will invest whatever means necessary to help him do so.
And that's not all.
- In West Virginia, despite Democrats expecting liberal Governor Joe Manchin to waltz to victory, businessman John Raese continues to surge, and has provided us a strong opportunity to win.
- In Nevada, Sharron Angle continues to run neck-and-neck with embattled Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
- In Connecticut, Linda McMahon has taken perpetual liar Dick Blumenthal's lead from 41 points this January, to a mere 4 points today.
- In California, Carly Fiorina has withstood the initial attacks by Senator Boxer and is still within striking distance. The NRSC just provided Carly's campaign with $2 million in coordinated funding and we hope to do more as this campaign enters the home stretch.
- In Washington state, we have only begun to prosecute our case against 18-year incumbent Patty Murray, and the NRSC is prepared to invest millions in this race to help elect Dino Rossi.
- And, even in Delaware, a tough blue state for Republicans, polls show unease with the Democrats' reckless spending and health care spending bill. Christine O'Donnell raised more money in one week than Chris Coons did in over six months. We expect her to be on the air soon and her war chest has already forced the DSCC to spend their scarce cash in Coons' defense.
But no matter how good the outlook looks for us right now, we know that we are going to be up against a mountain of Democratic attacks and special interest money the last month of this campaign. We have the momentum, but to keep it going and put our candidates over the top in all of these competitive races, we will need the resources to fight. Help us keep the pressure on the Democrats and win these races by donating $25, $50, $100, $250 or more.
Thank you for all your help this year.
NRSC Executive Director