Hemingway: “O’Brien is the only speaker candidate who will advance the people’s agenda”
CONCORD, N.H.―The Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire strongly urges the election of Rep. Bill O’Brien for Speaker of the House of Representatives during the Republican Caucus meeting on Nov. 18. A House Speaker O’Brien would give all representatives a voice and move the state GOP and the state as a whole in a new direction that responds to the will of the people.
“To maximize Republican impact over the next two years, we must have leadership in the state House that is not only committed to traditional Republican principles, but is also able to unite a majority in the House behind those principles of limited government, individual liberty, personal responsibility and free enterprise,” said Andrew Hemingway, chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire. “No one will get that job done better than Rep. Bill O’Brien, who will effectively repair the New Hampshire Advantage through a focus on the common goals of the GOP majority.”
Voters elected 298 Republicans to fill three-quarters of the seats in the New Hampshire House of Representatives on Nov. 2, sending a strong message that they believe common sense Republican principles will help promote jobs and economic opportunity, fix health care with free market solutions, and empower parents and local communities to manage their own future. It is incumbent on elected state representatives to listen to the people and ensure that a principled agenda governs the State House by electing Rep. Bill O’Brien as speaker. The people did not send Republicans to Concord to promote a moderate, conciliatory agenda, which in the past has led to GOP defeats, Hemingway said.
The Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire also endorses Rep. Bill O’Brien for Speaker because:
· He excels in long-term strategic thinking, which is how politics should be approached.
· He is an approachable, warm person who can work with many types of people, including those who disagree with him.
· He has a clear, conceptual vision for a thriving, prosperous New Hampshire in the future, including a plan of how to get from where the state is now to where it needs to be.
· He is a consistent lawmaker, who will not violate principle for political expediency.
· He has a clean political record, which will keep Democrats from derailing the Republican agenda.
· Of the four State House Republicans seeking the speaker position, only Rep. O’Brien has a 100 percent rating on the House Republican Alliance (HRA) “report card” for the 2009-2010 Legislative session. The HRA score card measures the level at which state representatives support the principles laid out in the State GOP Platform.
“Like our nation, our state is facing monumental fiscal problems brought on by irresponsible overspending by Democrats as well as some Republicans during the past four years,” said attorney Tim Condon, an executive board member of the Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire. “There is now a general recognition that the over-spending has got to stop. Bill O’Brien is a leader with new ideas, new solutions, and new strategies to make that happen. With Bill O’Brien as the Speaker, New Hampshire will finally have real hope and change.”
About The Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire
RLCNH, a state chapter of the national Republican Liberty Caucus, was launched in December 2004 to promote and advance traditional Republican Party values, such as limited government, low taxes and spending, individual liberty, personal responsibility, free enterprise and loyalty to the U.S. and N.H. constitutions.