Yesterday I mentioned to you the dueling Earth Hour versus Human Achievement Hour, coming up this Saturday evening, March 27, at 8:30 p.m. YourTime. I thought you might be interested in who (reportedly) is taking the plunge into darkness & despair for Earth Hour, unlike the rest of us who will be lights ON for Human Achievement Hour.
I am not making this up.
- State government entities, including some capitol buildings, in Florida, Iowa, Missouri, Colorado, Wisconsin, Montana, Chicago, Atlanta, along with Kuwait, the Cook Islands and Russia. And Ann Arbor (but you knew that, right?)
- Ritz-Carlton DC, Nines Hotel in Portland, Ore., and Marriott-brand Renaissance Blackstone in Chicago
- Harrah's Entertainment -- Caesars Palace Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood, Paris Las Vegas, Bally's Las Vegas, The Rio All Suites Hotel & Casino, Flamingo Las Vegas, Harrah's Las Vegas (VEGAS, FOR PETE'S SAKE!)
- New England Patriots Tom Brady (see video) (And, I wonder if Gisele Bundchen, too? And, whoa! with the carbon footprint these 2 must have!)
- 400 supermarkets in Beijing (that's ironic, right?)
Ironically, the rush to darkness is troubling some government types, like the Niagara Falls fire department, who are worried about public safety.
If you would like to help celebrate Human Achievement Hour, instead, here's what you can you do to participate:
In honor of HAH, leave your lights on, Saturday, March 27, at 8:30pm!
Tweet or blog about it, and let us know about how you observed that hour. (#HAH2010).
Follow HAH on Twitter, Twitter.com/hah_2010
Join HAH on Facebook
If you're in the Washington, DC area, join us for a cocktail hour celebrating HAH.
Read Michelle Minton's commentaries on specific human achievements, on Openmarket.org
Happy Human Achievement Hour!