Concord - Ray Buckley, chair of the New Hampshire Democratic Party, issued the following statement on Governor Lynch's decision to seek a historic 4th term as governor of New Hampshire.
"I am very excited that Governor Lynch has decided to run for a historic fourth term. He has provided the strong leadership our state needs in these tough economic times. He has created an innovative plan to help put people back to work, and under his leadership New Hampshire's unemployment rate is one of the lowest in the nation."
"Governor Lynch has been a strong fiscal leader, cutting state spending to keep the budget balanced and keep New Hampshire's state taxes among the lowest in the nation."
"Under his leadership, New Hampshire's high school dropout rate decreased by 30 percent in just the past year; New Hampshire has been ranked as the safest state in the nation for the third year in the row; and is considered one of the best states in the nation to raise children."
"Despite more than a year of lies and misleading attacks by John Sununu, Governor Lynch remains the most popular governor in Granite State history. I fully expect the voters of New Hampshire will reject the Sununu/Stephen politics of smear and fear and re-elect Governor Lynch."
Highlights of the John Lynch Record: Steady Leadership Bringing People Together to Make Progress for NH
- Under John Lynch, New Hampshire is ranked one of the safest states in the nation, one of the healthiest states, and one of the best states to raise a child.
- New Hampshire's unemployment rate is one of the lowest in the nation - and 30 percent below the national average.
- New Hampshire has the fourth-lowest state spending per capita and one of the lowest tax burdens in the nation.
- John Lynch has made the tough choices to cut state spending to ensure a balanced budget to protect essential services and to make state government work better for people. He cut personnel costs; increased centralized purchasing; cut programs; put drivers' licenses renewals online; closed a costly prison and is working on a bipartisan initiative to continue to reduce prison costs and increase public safety.
- John Lynch put in place tough new ethics law to hold state officials to the highest standards.
- Under John Lynch leadership, every child in New Hampshire can now attend public kindergarten. John Lynch's bipartisan initiative to increase New Hampshire's high school graduation rate decreased New Hampshire's dropout rate by 30 percent just last year.
- John Lynch passed one of the nation's toughest laws to protect children from sexual predators.
- John Lynch continues to work to help families and businesses rebuild from the recession. He recently created the Green Jobs Launching Pad to help innovative new companies grow and create jobs in the Granite State. And Gov. Lynch's bipartisan NH Working initiative will help companies save money and avert layoffs, and help workers find new jobs.