I wanted to take a moment to briefly share a few items that may be of interest to you:
1. Last week, The Heritage Foundation honored the Tea Party movement for its civic engagement at our 34th annual Resource Bank meeting.
Billie Tucker, a Tea Party organizer from Jacksonville, Florida, told her inspiring story to the conference, sharing how she really “got involved” for the first time in her life.
2. Right now, the United States Senate is considering a financial regulations bill that would create a PERMANENT BAILOUT AUTHORITY for Wall Street.
For more information on what this bailout bill will do, check out our latest research:
3. NEW RELEASE: “One Nation Under Arrest” A book by Paul Rosenzweig and Brian Walsh called which outlines how crazy laws, rogue prosecutors and activist judges threaten our liberty. Click here to read one of the “horror stories” found in the book and for more information on how to get it.
4. May is “Protect America Month” at Heritage. This month-long campaign is dedicated to highlighting the need to provide for the common defense of America and Americans in the 21st century. It will include speeches by leading conservatives like Representative Eric Cantor (R-Va.), former Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff, former Ambassador to the UN John Bolton and former U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft as well as special commentaries from Members of Congress and Heritage scholars regarding the need for a strong national defense.
5. If you have not signed up for our weekly Insider e-mail, please click here to do so today. Every week this e-mail has links to research from across the conservative movement, including your state-based think tank. It is an invaluable resource in keeping up with the public policy initiatives that impact our everyday lives.
Thanks for all you do for liberty.