Understanding National Guard and Reserve Force Service in the Post 9/11 World
Concord, NH – The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) announces an all day training focused on Understanding Military Culture. The New Hampshire National Guard is presenting this free daylong event. The training will provide an opportunity to better understand military culture and how to better provide supportive services for New Hampshire’s service members and their families who are serving in Iraq and/or Afghanistan. The New Hampshire National Guard and Reserve units are preparing for the largest deployment in their history. General William Reddel, Adjutant General for the NH National Guard will serve as the keynote speaker and will talk about this deployment and what it means for New Hampshire. More than 100 people are expected to attend.
WHAT: Understanding Military Culture Training
WHEN: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
WHERE: Littleton VFW Post 816
600 Cottage St., Littleton, NH.
PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES & HIGHLIGHTS
· 8:45 Keynote Presentation on the Guard and Reserve – Gen. William Reddel, Adjutant General for the NH National Guard
· 9:15 Presentation on the Deployment Cycle Support Process
· 10:30 Presentation on Reintegration – perspectives from a child and spouse
· 12:45 Presentation on Deployments
· 2:15 Discussion sessions – Soldier Issues, Family Issues, Children’sIssues