Shea-Porter Introduces Carbon Monoxide Awareness Resolution

Comes in Light of Recent Carbon Monoxide Leaks in Portsmouth
Washington, D.C. – Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter today introduced a resolution to draw attention to the dangers of carbon monoxide (CO).  The resolution, H.Res.1521, lays out the symptoms of CO poisoning and ways to prevent poisoning.  As founder and co-chair of the Congressional Asthma and Allergy Caucus, Congresswoman Shea-Porter is a strong advocate for clean air standards.    
“Some homes and businesses are at risk for carbon monoxide leaks,” said Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter.  “The good news is that there are easy steps people can take to prevent these leaks.” 
"Keeping your home healthy is one of the most important things that you can do for the health of your family,” said Daniel Fortin, President and CEO of Breathe New Hampshire.  “We encourage everyone to take precautions to make sure carbon monoxide is not present in your home."
On February 15, 2010, a carbon monoxide leak at a hotel in Portsmouth led to the hospitalization of eleven people.  Most recently, on June 29, 2010, an office building in Portsmouth was evacuated for a slight reading of carbon monoxide caused by three faulty ventilation units.