Americans for Limited Government President Bill Wilson's quote of the day in reference to explicit government guarantees of Fannie and Freddie: "The American people have already seen what the government's implicit guarantee of Fannie-Freddie securities caused over the past three years, which was a lack of risk aversion on the part of lenders and borrowers. Investors may want to take bets without having to be exposed to any downside risk, but that's how we got into this mess. Let's not repeat the same mistakes."
- U.S. deficit forecast masks true scope of problem
- Cartoon of the day, "If this was recovery summer, what will autumn be?"
- It's time for Robin Hood to back off
- Issa: White House 'fibbed' on Gulf cleanup progress
- ACORN sprouts new branches
- Barney Frank: Abolish Fannie, Freddie but guarantee mortgages…
- Social Security hasn't aged well
- The West Wing is on notice…
- Live Free or Die, but not in Maryland
- Animal economics, unleashed
Read more at NetRightDaily.com.