Benefits & Your Money
President Obama Encourages Veterans to Claim Stop Loss Pay ASAP!
IMPORTANT! Deadline for application for special retroactive pay is October 21; Service members should submit applications to www.defense.gov/stoploss
WASHINGTON DC - The White House, Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs jointly released a new web video in which President Obama encourages active duty troops and veterans whose service in Iraq or Afghanistan was involuntarily extended or retirement was suspended due to 'stop loss' to apply for the special retroactive pay to which they are entitled. Under legislation President Obama signed into law last year, servicemen and women who served between September 11, 2001 and September 30, 2009 and whose service was extended due to 'stop loss' are eligible for $500 per month in retroactive pay for each month their service was extended.
Read More and Watch Video>>>
Today's Featured Stories...
- Political Cartoons - Burning Korans = Religious Crusades
- ANDREA MITCHELL'S NBC INTERVIEW: IRANIAN PRESIDENT BLAMES ZIONISTS INFLUENCE OBAMA
- PHILIP GIRALDI: A BIPARTISAN LOOK AT THE ISRAEL LOBBY
- MFSO is hiring a Communications Consultant - spread the word!
- U.S. Department of Defense Announces Latest Contract Awards
- CAROL DUFF: THE HISTORY OF COGNAC
- Answers Being Found on CFIDS and Fibromyalgia- What Benefits for Ill Gulf War Veterans?
- Carol Ware Duff: Instructional Protocol/Sensitivity during Interaction with PTSD Sufferers