The book, "Obama's Wars," by the journalist Bob Woodward, depicts an administration deeply torn over the war in Afghanistan even as the president agreed to triple troop levels there amid suspicion that he was being boxed in by the military. Mr. Obama's top White House adviser on Afghanistan and his special envoy for the region are described as believing the strategy will not work.
Today's Featured Stories...
- It's Not the Economy, it's Hypocrisy, Stupid!
- GORDON DUFF: VIDEO, SIR OSWALD MOSELEY, FASCIST OR SAVIOR?
- Sen. Russ Feingold Blasts Military Bigotry
- Chicken Hawks, Carry Home My Seabag, The Heavy One
- NYT: Military Equality Goes Astray
- Former USAF Academy Professor Slams Christian Bigotry
- Top 10 Veterans Stories in Today's News
- AVOID INTERNATIONAL MASS MARKETING FRAUD
- SCOTT HORTON: Reality check: Iran is not a nuclear threat
- IRAN'S PRESIDENT: LOST IN TRANSLATION AT UNITED NATIONS SUMMIT
- Kerry Statement on DADT/DREAM Act Filibuster on Defense Spending
- Republicans block bill to lift military gay ban
- U.S. Department of Defense Announces Latest Contract Awards
- Telmek LLC Reaches Out To Our Veterans To Continue In Helping Provide Outstanding Service
- Vets Group Says Move Forward Fast on Agent Orange Presumptives
- GORDON DUFF: CAPITAL PUNISHMENT, A FAIR DEAL FOR TERRORIST JONATHAN POLLARD