Sorry for the late notice but I want to provide you with a quick legislative action alert!
Tomorrow, the House is set to consider SB 133. This bill re-establishes the exemption from property taxation for telecommunications poles and conduits. AFP’s position on this bill is “OUGHT TO PASS.” The basics of the legislation are as follows:
- SB 133 is being heard in the House Municipal and County Government Committee tomorrow morning at 10 AM. Please reach out to those House Committee members today to say ‘vote YES to SB 133 and vote NO to any new taxes!”
- If SB 133 is not passed, a new tax will be passed on to telephone customers, who will bear the brunt of higher monthly rates.
- Creating a new tax means businesses will have less money for improvements – important tasks such as broadband deployment or job creation.
- Encourage your legislators today to vote OUGHT TO PASS on SB 133. Failure to approve SB 133 and its exemption on telecom poles will result in a new tax.
Committee members include:
- Rep. Beverly Ferrante, Chair email@example.com or 434-8974
- Rep. Franklin Sterling, Vice Chair firstname.lastname@example.org or 532-8284
- Rep. Philip Munck email@example.com or 692-3316
- Rep. Betsey Patten firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-6927
- Rep. James Belanger email@example.com or 465-2301
- Rep. Timothy Copeland firstname.lastname@example.org or 580-1998
- Rep. Kathleen Stroud email@example.com or 424-0025
- Rep. Dorothea Hooper firstname.lastname@example.org or 749-6418
- Rep. Priscilla Lockwood email@example.com or 783-4349
- Rep. John Burt firstname.lastname@example.org or 624-5084
- Rep. Robert Moore email@example.com or 399-4310
- Rep. Stephen DeStefano firstname.lastname@example.org or 224-2641
- Rep. Bruce Tatro email@example.com or 352-3904
- Rep. Harry Accornero firstname.lastname@example.org or 387-9708
- Rep. James Coffee email@example.com or 878-3173
- Rep. Jeff Shackett firstname.lastname@example.org or 744-5895
- Rep. Kris Roberts email@example.com or 352-1105
As always, it is only because of your commitment to lower taxes and smaller government that we can be effective. Please let your voice be heard today.
Corey R. Lewandowski
Americans for Prosperity-New Hampshire