Sorry for the late notice but I want to provide you with a quick legislative action alert!
Tomorrow, the House is set to consider SB 133. This bill re-establishes the exemption from property taxation for telecommunications poles and conduits. AFP’s position on this bill is “OUGHT TO PASS.” The basics of the legislation are as follows:
- SB 133 is being heard in the House Municipal and County Government Committee tomorrow morning at 10 AM. Please reach out to those House Committee members today to say ‘vote YES to SB 133 and vote NO to any new taxes!”
- If SB 133 is not passed, a new tax will be passed on to telephone customers, who will bear the brunt of higher monthly rates.
- Creating a new tax means businesses will have less money for improvements – important tasks such as broadband deployment or job creation.
- Encourage your legislators today to vote OUGHT TO PASS on SB 133. Failure to approve SB 133 and its exemption on telecom poles will result in a new tax.
Committee members include:
- Rep. Beverly Ferrante, Chair firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-8974
- Rep. Franklin Sterling, Vice Chair email@example.com or 532-8284
- Rep. Philip Munck firstname.lastname@example.org or 692-3316
- Rep. Betsey Patten email@example.com or 253-6927
- Rep. James Belanger firstname.lastname@example.org or 465-2301
- Rep. Timothy Copeland email@example.com or 580-1998
- Rep. Kathleen Stroud firstname.lastname@example.org or 424-0025
- Rep. Dorothea Hooper email@example.com or 749-6418
- Rep. Priscilla Lockwood firstname.lastname@example.org or 783-4349
- Rep. John Burt email@example.com or 624-5084
- Rep. Robert Moore firstname.lastname@example.org or 399-4310
- Rep. Stephen DeStefano email@example.com or 224-2641
- Rep. Bruce Tatro firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-3904
- Rep. Harry Accornero email@example.com or 387-9708
- Rep. James Coffee firstname.lastname@example.org or 878-3173
- Rep. Jeff Shackett email@example.com or 744-5895
- Rep. Kris Roberts firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-1105
As always, it is only because of your commitment to lower taxes and smaller government that we can be effective. Please let your voice be heard today.
Corey R. Lewandowski
Americans for Prosperity-New Hampshire