AFP is on the ground right now in Wisconsin, fighting for taxpayers as government unions pull out the stops to derail Governor Walker’s common sense budget bill.
We must not fail in Wisconsin. If we fail there, that will embolden government unions across the country as they seek to block real reform and protect their pension plans at taxpayer expense.
The other side knows AFP is getting effective results. Days ago, far Left hackers attacked our national website and tried to shut it down.
But, we won’t be intimidated. Early this morning, AFP-Wisconsin launched the Stand Against Spending – Stand With Walker bus tour to rally grassroots volunteers to take a stand for taxpayers and against the tax and spend policies that threaten the Wisconsin economy.
Hundreds of fed-up and alarmed folks are showing up, signing up to become part of AFP, and signing our Stand With Walker petition.
What’s more, those very same people are recruiting their family members, friends, neighbors and co-workers to fight for spending sanity in Madison by signing the Stand With Walker petition and get involved in AFP grassroots outreach.
114,447 people have already signed our petition to show their support for Gov. Walker’s courage and common sense as he confronts spending policies that could bankrupt Wisconsin…
…the same kind of policies in place in states across the country that soak their budgets in red ink…and send the bill to hardworking Americans like you and me.
The government unions aren’t taking our grassroots resistance lightly, let me tell you:
- Protestors have filled the state house in Madison.
- Protestors mobbed and harassed Republican State Senator Glenn Grothman -- and things were getting ugly before Democrat State Rep. Brett Hulsey stepped between the crowd and his friend, Sen. Grothman.
- All the pro-pension perks senators have fled to Illinois to avoid the vote. In fact, just today, Wisconsin police authorities were authorized to take these runaway politicians into custody when they return.
But that’s not all.
AFP-Wisconsin state director Matt Seaholm told me his team had to find a different stop for the bus tour in Sheboygan after union members threatened a local business owner with a boycott.
What’s more, the word is that government employees’ unions plan to pour millions of dollars into Wisconsin to fund recall campaigns against Republican state senators who stand with Gov. Walker.
So you can see, the fight is on right now and AFP is doing something about it:
- We’re on the road with the bus tour, firing up the grassroots.
- We’re gathering serious momentum with our Stand with Walker petition (if you haven’t signed it already, please click here to do that now)
- We’re running a hard-hitting TV ad campaign to expose what’s really at stake for the whole country in the Madison fight. You can watch the TV ad here.
- We’re running radio ads that shine a light on the state senators who high-tailed it out of Madison to avoid the budget vote. You can listen to the radio ads here.
- And we’re mobilizing AFP chapters in other states to ready for the budget fights coming their way.
You’ll be so glad you did.
On to Victory,
President, Americans for Prosperity
P.S. Please don’t delay. The budget ball is in play at this very moment as AFP rallies more and more grassroots Americans to fight back for sane spending. Please make your special gift now. Thanks so much.