Manchester, NH - Yesterday we covered a number a fees created or increased related to waste management. Today, five increased fees on land management are “Maggie’s Taxes of the Day” for October 25, 2012.
As a part of her 2007 budget, one that increased general fund spending by over 18%, Sen. Hassan had to pull out all the stops to find needed revenue. So she increased the following five fees:
48) Increased from $500 to $1,250, the fee for the Department of Environmental Services to review terrain alteration plans;
49) Increased from $100 to $200 the permit fee for shoreline structure;
50) Double the various impact fees, which are based on the square footage of the structure being constructed;
51) Doubled to $200 the fee for simply repairing existing structures, such as a dock damaged in a storm;
52) Doubled the fee for dredge and fill projects from $.10 to $.20 and established a minimum $200 permit fee.
Background: As a State Senator:
Maggie Hassan SUPPORTED increasing land management fees. Hassan voted YEA on adopting the Committee of Conference Report (2348CofC) for the bill. 6/27/2007, Vote #172, HB2.