Manchester, NH - Already this week we have highlighted a number of increased fees related to waste and land management. To close out the week, five fee increases on insurance lines are “Maggie’s Taxes of the Day” for October 26, 2012.
As a part of a broad package of insurance fee increases, Sen. Hassan voted to:
53) Increase the certificate of authority application fee from $300 to $1,000;
54) Increase the fee for transmitting documents for domestic companies from $10 to $25;
55) Increase the fee for transmitting the same documents for out-of-state companies from $10 to $35;
56) Double the penalty for late filing by out-of-state companies from $25 to $50;
57) Increase the out-of-state annual statement tax from two percent of premiums to three percent.
Seventeen fee increase over the last three days to pay for her 24% increase in state government spending. Sen. Hassan’s nickel and dime, tax and spend train rolls on.
As a State Senator, Maggie Hassan supported increasing insurance fees (Yea on HB507, 4/14/10).