Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 08:54AM
- Romney to meet Obama at White House today: Mitt Romney will join President Obama for a private lunch just 23 days after the election. Globe politics reporter Matt Viser explains.
- Impasse could cost Mass. Jobs: If Congress failed to come to an agreement on the middle class tax cut extensions, it could trigger jobs losses and cause the Massachusetts economy to shrink. Globe politics reporter Matt Viser covers.
- Late N.H. senator's words bear on fiscal fight: Nearly two years before former US senator Warren Rudman died, the Republican gave an interview that could help resolve the fiscal cliff. Deputy Washington Bureau chief Michael Kranish reports.
- Lawmakers worry about probation case fallout: As politicians and employees continue to be called to testify in the scandal, Mass. lawmakers are concerned the threat of indictments will hang over Beacon Hill next year. Globe investigative reporter Andrea Estes elaborates.
- Pentagon rules excluding women aren't worth defending: Women are at war, and that means that rules excluding them from combat are antiquated and condescending. Globe columnist Juliette Kayyem writes.