NH Council of Churches and NH Bible Society
The New Hampshire Council of Churches and New Hampshire Bible Society are seeking an Interim Executive Director to oversee current activities and responsibilities and guide the organizations through a healthy leadership transition for a period of approximately 12 months. The Interim would be eligible to apply for the Executive Director position.
The Interim Executive Director will be expected to work approximately 20 hours per week. Compensation is commensurate with experience and skills. Some travel within New Hampshire is necessary as well as some attendance at evening and weekend functions.
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of experience in management and appropriate educational background in theology or similar field required.
- Proven abilities to work with staff members and boards of directors and maintain good funder and constituent relations, as well as community and media relation skills are required.
- Strong fiscal management abilities, including budget, grant, and financial administration.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills, and strong organizational skills are required.
- Active congregational membership required.
- Ordination or religious profession or commission preferred.
- Familiarity with the principles of interim ministry preferred.
- Meeting with denominational executives and their staffs to maintain denominational relations.
- Assisting the Boards in reflecting on their histories and in exploring structural options for the organizations.
- Making recommendations to the Boards regarding organizational structures and leadership positions.
- Writing grants and raising funds for the organizations.
- Meeting with key religious and community leaders to maintain and build relationships.
- Develop external communications (written and verbal).
Qualified individuals should send resume, cover letter, and at least three references (including a reference from a bishop, denominational executive, or pastor, as applicable) to:
Or mail to:
PO Box 1087
Concord NH 03302
Review of applicant materials and scheduling of interviews will begin on April 23, 2012.