Friday, January 25, 2013 at 08:24AM
- Kerry vows to combat climate change: In his confirmation hearing for secretary of state, John F. Kerry pledged to pursue a different brand of foreign policy while leading a global fight to combat climate change. Globe Washington bureau reporter Bryan Bender and Globe correspondent David Uberti report.
- John Kerry's brother recalls 1971 hearing: The first time he witnessed his brother John testify before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, as a recently-returned combat veteran protesting the Vietnam War, Cameron Kerry was 20 years old. Globe Washington bureau reporter Bryan Bender profiles.
- Timothy Murray under fire over campaign funding: Regulators have found evidence that the lieutenant governor may have violated state law by accepting donations from the disgraced former Chelsea housing director. Globe investigative reporters Andrea Estes and Sean P. Murphy cover.
- AG, treasurer back Markey's bid for US Senate: Attorney General Martha Coakley and state Treasurer Steven Grossman endorsed US Representative Edward J. Markey's Senate bid Thursday. Globe politics reporter Noah Bierman elaborates.
- The gun lobby's long reach: If we're to pass sensible gun laws in this country, proponents will have to match the gun lobby's discipline and determination. Globe columnist Scot Lehigh writes.