New Hampshire voters soundly rejected former House Speaker Bill O'Brien's radical agenda last fall. Undeterred, Bill O'Brien reintroduced so-called "Right-to-Work" legislation and is even considering a run for statewide office. And on Saturday, Bill O'Brien's control over the New Hampshire Republican Party was evident as he was chosen to nominate Jennifer Horn as their Party Chair.
Since 1999, New Hampshire Republicans have elected ten state party chairs. During that same period, Kathy Sullivan and I are the only two to have the honor of chairing the New Hampshire Democratic Party. The continuity, steady leadership, and experience of our officers benefits our party and our candidates as we seamlessly transition between election cycles, while Republicans are always struggling to rebuild. Our continued success as New Hampshire Democrats is due to the hard work, volunteer hours, and contributions from thousands of people all across our state.
Thanks to your continued commitment to electing New Hampshire Democrats, we have:
- Carried NH for the Democratic presidential candidate 5 out of the last 6 elections
- Elected a Democratic governor 8 out of the last 9 elections
- Sent Jeanne Shaheen to the United States Senate
- Elected Democratic Representatives to Congress 3 out of the last 4 elections
- Elected Democratic majorities to the New Hampshire House and Executive Council 3 out of the last 4 elections
- Elected Democratic majorities to the New Hampshire Senate 2 out of the last 4 elections
State and national Republicans already have their eyes set on New Hampshire and are committed to reversing the gains we made last November. Your continued support of our party and our leaders is crucial moving forward.
Thank you for your support,