- Brown looks toward a possible role on Fox News: The former senator has told several Republicans that he will be on Fox, but a spokesperson said the talks are not final. Globe politics reporter Stephanie Ebbert outlines.
- Mary Beth Heffernan confirmed as district court judge: The former Massachusetts public safety secretary was confirmed by the Governor's Council in a 7-1 vote. Globe politics reporter Noah Bierman details.
- Kerry Kennedy joins Thomas Menino-led group in Washington, urging for tighter gun laws: The 53-year-old writer and activist was flanked by Martin Luther King III, son of the civil rights leader who was also assassinated. Globe correspondent David Uberti reports.
'Frank, we lost the A feed': The Super Bowl blackout is a chance to learn about how systems work (and don't work) and how people respond (and don't respond) when there is a Big Fail. Globe columnist Juliette Kayyem writes.
- The fallout for Carmen Ortiz: An important lesson from the death of Aaron Swartz is the need for prosecutors to understand the implications of their actions. Globe columnist Joan Vennochi urges.
- Marty Walz a loss on Beacon Hill: The average IQ of the Mass. Legislature is about to drop a few points. Walz delivered her final address in the House Wednesday. Globe metro columnist Yvonne Abraham profiles.