New Hampshire Citizens Alliance is looking for a few motivated, bright progressives to participate in its summer associate program, a volunteer internship opportunity at its downtown Concord office. NHCA is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization with a thirty-five-year history of working towards social, economic, and political justice in the Granite State. Be sure to apply today at www.NHCitizensAlliance.org!
The program is open to college students, recent graduates, and anyone looking to learn more about a career in progressive advocacy and education at a non-profit. It provides in-depth and hands-on training in the areas of policymaking, non-profit management, research, communications, and community organizing. It is also a great chance to network with members of the progressive community in New Hampshire.
This is not your average summer internship – past summer associates have taken on a variety of projects, including:
- Planning, recruiting, and presenting at educational events on various topics
- Helping to plan and implement large fundraising events
- Developing an informational website about the impact of the new federal health care law on women, senior citizens, and small businesses
- Meeting with Congressional leaders’ staff about important issues affecting Granite Staters
- Participating in rallies on various issues
- Asking tough questions of candidates and elected officials at public events
- Researching candidate positions on issues
- Helping with communications including drafting media releases, maintaining organization website, and updating social media
- Maintaining day-to-day office operations
- And much more!
The 2013 program runs from June to early August and associates give 10 hours per week. Most work is done out of NHCA's Concord office, but associates may also have the opportunity to travel to events around the state. The program is unpaid, but associates receive a small stipend for travel and parking.
To apply and learn more about NHCA and the summer associate program, please visit www.NHCitizensAlliance.org. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.