Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 07:54AM
- PACs key source of Markey funds: Between Jan. 1 and April 10 PACs gave US Representative Edward J. Markey more than $500,000, according to a Globe analysis. Boston.com politics editor Jim O'Sullivan and reporter Matt Carroll break it down.
- Keeping home as is paid off for Gomez: State House Bureau chief Frank Phillips explains how US Senate candidate Gabriel Gomez claimed a "historic façade easement" tax deduction - later considered a tax scam by the IRS.
- Poll puts Markey 17 points over Gomez in US Senate race: Democrat Markey heads into the general election with a significant advantage over Republican nominee Gomez in their Senate race, according to a poll released Wednesday by Suffolk University/7News.
- To bury, not to praise: He came to bury his nephew, not to praise him. But some of us won't allow it. Columnist Yvonne Abraham shares her thoughts on the bombings suspect's burial controversy.
- Publicity raises UMass funding hackles: The ties between alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and the state's public higher education system are coming to light at the worst possible time for UMass, says columnist Joan Vennochi.
- Tragedy's cold calculations: National security columnist Juliette Kayyem discusses the process of money from the One Fund being distributed to Marathon victims.