Friday, June 7, 2013 at 07:32AM
- Debate rages over monitoring of phone records: The disclosure of a top-secret order allowing the Obama administration to obtain phone records of millions of Americans reignited a national debate about whether the White House is violating civil liberties, with Mass. lawmakers among the most vocal critics. Matt Viser and Noah Bierman report from Washington.
- In Senate race, two views of global responsibilities: The two candidates for US Senate in Mass. offer strongly different stances on US foreign policy, positions that illustrate distinctive philosophies of what role the country should play in the world. Political reporter Joshua Miller details.
- Fact check: Candidates miss the mark on some points: Joshua Miller and Jim O'Sullivan break down Wednesday night's debate and the accuracy of the candidates' claims on various issues.
- Menino is in city mansion after surgery: Mayor Menino was released from the hospital yesterday, and in a video released by his staff, thanked people for the cards, phone calls, and good wishes.
- Absent facts, the GOP still talks scandal: Columnist Scot Lehigh writes that the White House will neither be consumed or deterred by the storyline of scandal. Instead, the administration will proceed with its own agenda.