As the President prepares to give his fifth State of the Union Address and enter his sixth year in office, let's take a moment to see where the country currently stands:
The Effect of President Obama's Policies
- The Labor Force Participation is 62.8% - its lowest level since March, 1978.
- 5 million Americans have received insurance cancellation letters as a result of Obamacare.
- The income gap has widened under President Obama, with the richest 10 percent of Americans earning a larger share of income last year than at any time since 1917, according to UC Berkeley Economist Emmanuel Saez.
Where the Country Stands
- 68% of Americans say the country is in the same place or worse off than it was when Obama took office.
- 63% of Americans do not have confidence in the President to make the right decision for our country’s future.
- 42% of Americans say they are worse off financially than they were one year ago.