The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office just released an official report detailing the impact of Obamacare on the economy. The results are startling. Here are five facts about Obamacare the Democrats wish you didn’t know:
1) Obamacare Kills Jobs. By 2024, there will be 2.5 million fewer jobs because of Obamacare’s disastrous impact on the American economy.
2) There Will Still Be 30 Million Uninsured - As Many As When We Started. More than 30 million will still be without health insurance in 2024. Let this sink in for a minute: Obamacare was passed in 2010 to insure the uninsured - in fact, there were around 30 million of them. How many will be uninsured after their plan takes effect? 30 Million.
3) Obamacare Exponentially Grows the Deficit. Originally sold as a "money saving" and then a "revenue-neutral" law (see what happened there?), Obamacare is now shown to incrementally increase deficit spending, beginning with $20 billion this year and creeping up to $159 billion by 2024. That's a total increase to the deficit of close to $1.2 trillion – hope your children and grandchildren don’t mind.
4) Obamacare Encourages and Sustains Unemployment. The labor force participation rate (the percentage of people in the nation working to support themselves and their families) is projected to fall to an all-time low of 60% by 2020, thanks to Obamacare. This is catastrophic.
5) Obamacare Will Decrease Your Paycheck. Due to taxes imposed on healthcare plans, regardless of what choices are made by employers and employees (unless Obamacare is stopped), you can expect smaller paychecks starting in 2018.
Quite a list, isn't it? Remember, this is only five of many items.
We've said this all along, but Obamacare needs to go. It's a bad solution that promises an even worse future for all of us. Support real healthcare reform and a Republican Senate majority, the first step to rolling back Obamacare.