Statewide tour of manufacturing facilities, firearms retailers and groups
Jim Rubens, Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, continues his statewide tour this week of gun shops, firearms training facilities, manufacturers and advocacy groups highlighting his strong commitment to protecting the right to keep and bear arms and its importance to New Hampshire's economy.
The following stops are currently scheduled:
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
10:00am- Sig Sauer Academy
233 Exeter Rd., Epping
1:30pm- P&F Gunsmithing
91 GH Carter Dr., Danville
3:45pm- Kelly's Firearms
82 Breezy Hill Rd., Bradford
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
No 2nd Amendment tour events scheduled at this time
Thursday, March 27, 2014
9:30am- Sturm, Ruger & Co.
411 Sunapee St., Newport
* Company requests no press at premises.
3:00pm- Morse Sporting Goods
85 Contoocook Falls Rd., Hillsborough
Friday, March 28, 2014
1:00pm- Skip's Gun Shop
837 Lake St., Bristol
In releasing key points of his pledge to protect the 2nd Amendment, Rubens states: "The individual right to keep and bear arms is inviolably guaranteed under both the US and New Hampshire Constitutions. If elected, I will vote to defend law-abiding citizens’ right to own and use firearms for protection of self and family and for all other lawful purposes. While serving in the state senate, I earned an 'A' rating from the National Rifle Association. For the past 40 years, I have lived in, owned and run small businesses, and been involved as a citizen activist and elected leader here in New Hampshire, and I know that law-abiding gun owners do not want our Second Amendment rights compromised."
Rubens pledges to support:
- National reciprocity.
- A citizen's right to defend themselves anywhere they have a right to be.
- An individual's right to keep and bear arms regardless of where they live.
Rubens pledges to oppose:
- Bans on so-called "assault weapons".
- Bans and/or limits on magazine capacity.
- Gun registration.
- Legislation that would turn our law-abiding citizens into criminals.
- Ratification of any treaty or international agreement that would infringe on the individual right to keep and bear arms.