Stay Work Play New Hampshire
Stay Work Play is pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2014 statewide Rising Stars Awards. Nominations will be accepted until July 25, 2014.
The Rising Stars Awards are an initiative of Stay Work Play, in partnership with New Hampshire Public Radio, to celebrate and recognize New Hampshire’s remarkable young workers and college students, initiatives to keep them here, and the businesses and programs that go the extra mile to recruit and retain them.
The Rising Stars Awards include five awards that honor individuals and companies in New Hampshire. The categories include College Student of the Year, Young Professional of the Year, Civic Leader of the Year, Coolest Companies for Young Professionals, and Leadership Development Program Award.
- The College Student of the Year Award honors a New Hampshire college student who is an academic rising star and is giving back to the community.
- The Young Professional of the Year Award honors an outstanding professional working and living in New Hampshire, between the ages of 18 and 40 who is a rising star in their industry and giving back to their community.
- The Civic Leader of the Year Award honors an individual who, through their volunteerism, philanthropy, and/or community involvement demonstrates a commitment to civic participation, strengthening their community, and developing personal leadership capacity to make New Hampshire a better place for future generations.
- The Coolest Companies for Young Professionals Award honors companies in New Hampshire that create environments to attract and retain young professionals.
- The Leadership Development Program Award honors an innovative program initiated and conducted by a New Hampshire organization. The program must be aimed at a young professional audience in New Hampshire that helps them propel their personal and professional growth
More information about the Rising Stars Awards and nomination forms for the awards can be found at: http://stayworkplay.org/risingstarsawards/
About Stay Work Play: Stay Work Play is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is “To work collaboratively across New Hampshire to support ongoing economic, workforce, and community development by promoting the state as a favorable place for young workers and recent college graduates to stay, work and play, when considering employment and lifestyle opportunities.” Additional information on the organization can be found on the website, www.stayworkplay.org or by contacting Executive Director, Kate Luczko, firstname.lastname@example.org, (603) 860-2245.
About New Hampshire Public Radio:
Since 1981, NHPR has shaped the media landscape in the Granite State and beyond. Their mission is to help create a more informed public, one challenged and enriched by a deeper understanding and appreciation of state, national, and world events, ideas, and culture. NHPR is broadcast from thirteen different sites, making it by far New Hampshire’s largest (and only) statewide radio news service. Every week NHPR is the choice of more than 184,000 listeners as a primary source of in-depth and intelligent news coverage. Each day New Hampshire Public Radio delivers several hours of local news reported by NHPR’s award-winning News Department, locally produced shows such as The Exchange and Word of Mouth, and national and world news from NPR and the BBC. NHPR is the exclusive outlet for NPR News in the Granite State and broadcast national weekly programs such as Car Talk, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! and This American Life.