May 02, 2014
Caution: Senators at Work
Obamacare is wreaking havoc on the economy; entitlement spending is swallowing the federal budget; America’s military readiness is in shambles; and a handful of senators are working hard to make sure the government stays in the housing finance business.
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the giant government-sponsored entities (GSEs) that dominate the American housing market, were supposed to help people get homes and stabilize the market. They have failed at these goals. Now, some members of Congress are claiming they want to reform the system—but they’re basically just trying to rename it.
>>> Read More
|Attkisson: Why Can’t We See Photos at White House During Benghazi Attack?||Chinese Economy Overtakes America’s|
- Do you think global poverty is on the rise—or the decline?
- Who is at the center of this Benghazi controversy?
- See how much are unions spending in the 2014 election cycle so far.
- What were investigative reporters doing in California last weekend?
- Heritage President Jim DeMint talks about the difficult but important task of making—and watching—a movie about this killer.
The Heritage Foundation | 214 Massachusetts Avenue, NE | Washington, D.C. 20002 | (800) 546-2843