The momentum behind Scott Brown's campaign accelerated in a big way this week, as he picked up the endorsements of several influential New Hampshire leaders, including Republican Senator Kelly Ayotte.
With the scandal at the VA worsening, Brown also kept the pressure on President Obama to remove Eric Shinseki as Secretary of Veterans Affairs. On Thursday, Brown hosted a roundtable with recent New Hampshire college graduates to listen to their concerns and learn their ideas how to make Washington work better for them.
Starting this Monday night, the Brown campaign will be hosting nightly phone banks at the Manchester headquarters. Scroll down to sign up and learn more.
U.S. Senator Kelly Ayotte, Former NH Governors Steve Merrill And Craig Benson Endorse Scott Brown
On Tuesday at Norton's Classic Cafe in Nashua in front of a standing room only crowd, Senator Kelly Ayotte, as well as former New Hampshire Governors Steve Merrill and Craig Benson officially offered their endorsements to Brown.
Today, the campaign launched a video with highlights of Senator Ayotte's endorsement, including her remarks about Brown’s strong New Hampshire roots and the principles that they share and will use to fight for our families in the U.S. Senate.
To watch the video, click HERE
Check out some of the coverage from the event:
- WMUR: “There’s no question the endorsement is significant, as the de facto leader of the Republican Party in New Hampshire now weighing into a GOP primary...Today, the push from Ayotte is a nice boost for any campaign in New Hampshire.” (Josh McElveen, WMUR, 5/28/14)
- Nashua Telegraph: “Every corner of the cozy diner with the 1950s theme teemed with people by the time Ayotte, Merrill and Benson arrived at around 3 p.m. Each shook a few hands then assembled at the front of the room with Brown and Raymond Wieczorek, a former Manchester mayor and state District 4 Executive Councilor who handled master-of-ceremony duties for the 30-minute program.” (Dean Shalhoup, “Ayotte, Merrill, Benson boost Scott Brown senatorial campaign” Nashua Telegraph, 5/28/14)
- New Hampshire Union Leader: “The endorsements, which had been announced on Monday, drew a standing room only crowd to Norton’s Classic Café in the shadow of Nashua’s City Hall.” (Dave Solomon, “Brown gets backing of two past GOP governors,” New Hampshire Union Leader, 5/28/14)
Scott Brown Attends Roundtable Discussion With Recent College Grads
Yesterday, Brown hosted recent college graduates in a roundtable discussion at the Sea Ketch restaurant in Hampton. The recent grads talked with Brown about starting their careers in this tough economy, and also expressed to him their concerns about finding good-paying jobs when companies and businesses are reluctant to hire.
- Portsmouth Herald: Students talk jobs with Scott Brown
- Hampton Patch: Scott Brown Lunches with Grads, Talks Jobs in Hampton
State Senate Majority Leader Jeb Bradley Throws Support Behind Scott Brown
This past Wednesday, Republican Majority Leader Jeb Bradley endorsed Brown as well. Describing Brown as a, "live free or die type of guy," Senator Bradley said it was important that Scott Brown be sent to Washington so he can protect taxpayers, work to get our economy going, solve energy problems, and fix a broken health care system.
Click HERE to listen to Senator Bradley's endorsement
Brown Renews Calls For Secretary Shinseki's Resignation On FOX & Friends
In a national television interview Tuesday morning on FOX & Friends, Scott Brown addressed the ongoing controversy surrounding VA Medical Centers, and made his case why Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki should step aside. Brown first called for Shinseki to resign on May 7th.
To watch the interview, click HERE
Brown Campaign Releases New Radio Ad Sounding Alarm Over Obamacare's Employer Mandate
On Wednesday, the campaign released a new radio warning of next year's Obamacare mandate requiring businesses to provide health insurance for their employees or face penalties.
The ad, titled "Why I'm Running," also features Brown talking about his ties to New Hampshire and the care he has for this state. He says that he wants to help employers add jobs with decent pay and annual raises. He notes that under the employer mandate in Obamacare, businesses will be forced to offer coverage, which means higher health care costs and fewer jobs.
Click HERE to listen to the new ad
Brown Honors Those Who Served, Marches In Memorial Day Parades in Nashua, Hudson and Bow
On Memorial Day, Scott Brown took time to honor those that have made the ultimate sacrifice protecting our nation's freedom. He commemorated the day by marching in the Memorial Day parades in Nashua, Hudson and Bow, and he also attended a Memorial Day Observance Ceremony in Bow.
Monday June 2nd, the Brown Campaign will be hosting its first phone bank of the campaign at our Manchester headquarters. Every Monday though Thursday, you can come down to campaign HQ and make phone calls on behalf of Scott Brown, and we hope to see you here. For more details on the event, see the information below and you can sign up by sending an email to email@example.com
What: First Scott Brown For Senate Phone Bank
When: Monday, June 2nd, 6:00 - 8:00 P.M.
Where: 379 Elm Street Manchester, NH