May 07, 2014
Well, I Guess Obama Hasn't Healed the Planet
When Barack Obama won his party’s presidential nomination in 2008, he proclaimed that “generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that… this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.”
Six years later, the president is threatening to go around Congress and upend the American economy in a misguided attempt to secure his legacy on climate change.
He’s gone from the candidate who said, “I face this challenge with profound humility and knowledge of my own limitations” to the president who says if Congress won’t act on this issue, “I will.”
>>> Read More
|Upstart Airline Creates Turbulence for Big U.S. Carriers, Union Leaders||George Will Demolishes Arguments for Common Core in Under 2 Minutes|
- For more on climate: Fact checking the White House’s bogus climate assessment.
- Do you know which continent is seeing a spike in al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups?
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) wants answers to these 4 questions on Benghazi.
- Indiana said no to Common Core. Now it’s facing the consequences.
- Are people visiting the Senate barber? Congress wants to know. Or does it?
- Should the U.S. government show favoritism toward senior citizens?
The Heritage Foundation | 214 Massachusetts Avenue, NE | Washington, D.C. 20002 | (800) 546-2843