SAVE THE DATE!
New Hampshire Conference of the United Church of Christ - Spirituality and Earth Stewardship Working Group- announces a choice of two different dates for an important, engaging and highly useful workshop on energy-saving techniques for your church. If you would like to find ways to green your building, learn effective, lost cost methods to save energy and money, as well as be better stewards of God's good earth, then you will not want to miss one of these upcoming opportunities. Individuals, congregational teams or ecumenical partners are all invited and encouraged to participate.
"SHOW" is the SUSTAINABLE HOUSE OF WORSHIP"
Nov. 1, 2014 at South Church, Concord, NH
Nov. 15, 2014 at Plymouth Congregational Church,
Presenters will be from the Massachusetts
Interfaith Power & Light
Schedule -- both sessions
8:30-9:00 Sign in
12:30-1:00 Optional Networking Lunch
Attend this informational, hands-on workshop by MA IPL to gain the tools and knowledge to evaluate essential areas of energy use and costs in your House of Worship.
- Electricity-how to recognize the major energy hogs-and what to do about them.
- Heat and air conditioning-is it time for an upgrade?
- Building Envelope-what tasks can make your congregation more comfortable and save you money?
- Behavior-how simple actions can reduce your energy bill and carbon footprint by 10% or more.
- $-means and methods to get the funds to take action on key systems, now and in the future.
Registration Fee: $10/attendee
Details for Registration through the NHCUCC Conference Center will be announced in September..
Co-sponsors: NHCUCC, NH Episcopal Diocese, NH Council of Churches. More information to follow! For more on MA IPL, click here.