ALEXANDRIA, Va. – CARLY for America launched a new ad today, “Carly Fiorina, America’s Iron Lady.” This ad will be aired digitally in the early voting states.
“Our great nation needs a strong leader with a broad and deep command of issues to take our country back,” said Katie Hughes, Communications Director for CARLY for America. “Carly Fiorina is unafraid and has a plan to destroy ISIS and win the war on terror at home and abroad. She is unafraid to stand up and fight the special interests running Washington who are failing American workers and families through high taxes, out-of-control spending and regulations by providing real solutions through her conservative pro-growth economic blueprint. She is unafraid to stand up to the taxpayer-funded abortion industry and defend the unborn against the human rights abuses being perpetuated by Planned Parenthood currently engaged in the harvesting and trafficking of aborted baby body parts. Carly Fiorina is the right leader for our country.”
Margaret Thatcher: "Let us stand together and do our duty and we shall not fail.”
Carly Fiorina: "Our government has become incompetent, unresponsive, corrupt, and that incompetence, ineptitude, lack of accountability is now dangerous. Talking tough is not the same as being strong. And to wage war we need a commander in chief who has made tough calls in tough times and stood up to be held accountable over and over."
Carly Fiorina: "Margaret Thatcher once said that she was ‘not content to manage the decline of a great nation.’ Neither am I. And we need to beat Hillary Clinton to take our country back and keep our nation safe. And together if you join me, we will take our country back.”
Carly’s plan to defeat ISIS
More than seven months ago, Carly outlined a plan on how to combat ISIS in an interview with Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC.
A few weeks ago on Fox’s O’Reilly Factor, Fiorina outlined more specifics for dealing with ISIS: http://video.foxnews.com/v/4650749201001/how-carly-fiorina-would-defeat-isis/?#sp=show-clips
Here’s what Fiorina would do as president:
- We have to give our investigators access to every piece of information they need to track down potential terrorists and to investigate attacks like San Bernardino.
- Pass the bill co-sponsored by Senator Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and House Homeland Security Chairman Mike McCaul (R-Tex.), which provides common sense rules that would give FBI access to more than two years of information.
- Ask private sector companies to help with new encrypted technology in order to assist in preventing terrorist attacks.
- Clearly, publicly repeatedly acknowledge what we face: the biggest threat to national security is not climate change and the answer isn’t gun control. We face a very real and very dangerous terrorist threat.
- Deny ISIS territory, take control of their command centers.
- Engage in an effective bombing campaign which means changing the rules of engagement.
- Equip our allies with what they’ve been asking us for years: Jordan has been asking us for bombs and materiel for a year and a half, Obama hasn’t provided it and Carly will. The Egyptians have asked us to share intelligence, they have a courageous moderate Muslim leader who has denounced jihadism; Carly will work with them.
- We must engage a coalition of our allies to fight ISIS which Obama has not done, this includes: the Kuwaitis, the Saudis, the Emiratis, the Bahrainis, the Egyptians, the Jordanians, the Kurds; all have asked for support.
- We need to cultivate and mobilize Sunni support because – in Carly’s opinion - the caliphate ISIS now controls must be taken back by mostly Sunni Arabs who, right now, do not trust us because we have gotten too close to Iran – their arch-enemy.