Historic Ash Wednesday Service
to Bring Together Multiple
Concord, NH - On Wednesday, February 18th, Concord will host a historic gathering of regional Christian leaders in this holy observance of Ash Wednesday, the official start of the western Christian observation of the 40 days of Lent leading to Easter Sunday. Leaders from the Episcopal, Lutheran, Methodist and United Congregational churches will co-preside at an Ecumenical Ash Wednesday Prayer Service. This service will include distribution of ashes and Communion, and will be followed by a continental breakfast reception.
Ash Wednesday Ecumenical Prayer Service
February 18, 2015 at 7:30am
St Paul's Episcopal Church, 21 Center St.
Next to the Capitol, Concord, NH
ALL ARE WELCOME
State Representative Robert Elliott initiated the idea for this event, which was organized by Pastor Jonathan Hopkins, Pastor of Concordia Lutheran Church and President of the NH Council
of Churches, and the Rev. Kate Atkinson, Rector of St. Paul's Episcopal Church and Chaplain of the NH State House. State Representative Elliott also invited all members of the NH General Court to this service.
This service will be co-officiated by the following:
- The Rev. David Abbott, New Hampshire District Supervisor of the United Methodist Church in New England
- Ms. Clare J. Chapman, Executive Director of the New Hampshire Council of Churches
- The Rev. Dr. James Hazelwood, Bishop, New England Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church of America
- The Rt. Rev. A. Robert Hirschfeld, the Bishop of the Episcopal Church in New Hampshire
- The Rev. Gary M. Schulte, New Hampshire Conference Minister, United Church of Christ
A continental breakfast reception will follow at St Paul's Episcopal Church's. All are welcome.