We just wrapped up our first Jackson Hole Monetary Policy Summit, taking place in beautiful Jackson Hole, Wyoming opposite the Federal Reserve's annual symposium, and by all accounts our event was a huge success.
We heard from dozens of speakers from around the world about the flaws in the Federal Reserve's aimless discretionary monetary policy, the importance of interest rates being set by the market and not central planners, the need for a Centennial Monetary Commission to pass Congress, and why a return to the Gold Standard would be our best course of action.
The media and those on social media took notice. #JacksonHoleSummit was a top trending topic on Twitter throughout the day on Friday and more than 40 news outlets in print and online covered the event.
Check out some of the best news coverage below:
- Washington Post: "Conservatives Have Failed to End the Fed, But They're Not Giving Up Hope"
- Wall Street Journal: "Protestors Target Fed Policies at Meeting in Wyoming"
- Politico: "Activists Jolt the Fed's Mountain Getaway"
- Examiner: "Jackson Hole Summit: Honesty about Monetary and Fiscal Policy"
- New York Times: "Challenged on Left and Right, the Fed Face a Decision on Rates"
- Breitbart: "Jim DeMint Keynote Rocks the House at Jackson Hole Summit"
- Bloomberg: "Jackson Hole Journal: Rate Rise Friends, Foes Encircle Fed Event"
This was an important first step as we build a grassroots movement to take back our money and promote sound monetary policy for our nation. Thank you for standing with us as we continue to fight for the future of our nation.