We had a great weekend.
On Saturday, Governor Huckabee finished second in the Ames Straw Poll thanks to your support and the thousands of Iowans who took the time to vote for the Governor. Thank you!
Since then, the media spotlight has shined brightly on our campaign, and we have benefited considerably: hundreds of thousands of dollars in free advertising from national television appearances; thousands of new supporters signing up for our campaign updates; more folks joining the discussion on our blog than ever before.
Just as you could feel the energy building in Iowa in the days before the Straw Poll, you can feel that same energy building online. This will be a good week for the campaign, and I am asking that you help us boost our momentum today by doing three things:
1. Build our base of support by contacting your friends, family members and co-workers and ask them to join our campaign team, make a contribution in support of our campaign and contact their friends and family.
2. Make an immediate contribution of $10, $15, $25, $50, $75, $100 or even $500 today to help boost our campaign's finances.
3. Join the discussion our campaign blog. Leave a comment and forward our campaign blog posts to friends and family that might be interested.
Thank you again for your support. I promise to update you again soon.
National Campaign Manager
Also, here are some important news stories that have come out since Saturday's 2nd place finish:
1. Huckabee, Iowa Poll's Real Winner? Click here to read more.
2. They Like Mike. Byron York of the National Review reviews Ames.
3. Ames Poll Produces Winner--And it may not be Romney. Ed Morrissey of Captains Quarters explains.