PORTSMOUTH, NH)--Continuing to build strong support from elected officials and community leaders state wide, Steve Marchand's U.S. Senate Campaign today announced 10 additional endorsements.
These endorsements include 2004 1st District Democratic Congressional Nominee Justin Nadeau, and 6 Second Congressional District State Representatives, including two House committee chairs. This brings the campaign's total number of House endorsements to 38.
"We are very happy to have the support of such strong leaders in our state legislature and our community," said Campaign Coordinator David Mason. "Their early commitment to our team shows the growing momentum of Steve's grassroots effort to defeat John Sununu in 2008."
"Steve Marchand has been a real leader on environmental issues in Portsmouth," said Rep. Jay Phinizy, Chair of the House Committee on Environment and Agriculture." He comes from a family with agricultural roots and understands the issues facing family farms in western New Hampshire and the North Country. He is the strong leader we need in the U.S. Senate."
Marchand's newest endorsements include:
· Rep. Delmar Burridge (Keene)
· Rep. Jeffrey Fontas (Nashua)
· John Lisle- Nashua Activist
· Rep. Carolyn Lisle (Nashua)
· Rep. Scott Merrick (Lancaster)
· Justin Nadeau- 2004 Democratic Congressional Nominee, 1st District
· Kathleen O'Donnell- City Chair, Keene
· Rep. Jay Phinizy (Acworth)-Chair, House Committee on Environment & Agriculture
· Ruth Ellen Post- Town Chair, Windham
· Rep. Cindy Rosenwald (Nashua)- Chair, House Committee on Health, Human Services & Elderly Affairs; Secretary, Hillsborough CountyDemocrats
Steve Marchand is the Mayor of Portsmouth, NH. He is former Northeast Director of the Concord Coalition and Associate State Director of AARP NewHampshire. His campaign website is www.stevemarchand.com .