Attached you will find a copy of a recent report released by Media Matters for America and the Campaign for America’s Future titled“The Progressive Majority: Why a Conservative America is a Myth.” The report uses decades of public opinion data on social, economic and foreignpolicy issues to destroy the myth that the American people are conservative. They are in fact progressive on issue after issue and are growing moreprogressive with each passing year.
New Hampshire like the country as a whole is also progressive as the following data details.
The Progressive Majority:
STATE SPECIFIC POLLING:
- “Providing health insurance for people who do not already have it—should the federal government spend more on it, the same as now, less, or no money at all?”
- Percent answering “More”: 76%
- The federal government helping to pay for health insurance for all children—do you favor or oppose this?
- Percent answering “favor”: 77%
- “The federal government helping employers pay the cost of their workers’ health insurance—do you favor or oppose this?”
- Percent answering “favor”: 78%
- “Providing financial assistance to public elementary and secondary schools—should the federal government spend more on it, the same as now, less, or no money at all?”
- Percent answering “more”: 68%
- “The federal government trying to reduce the income differences between rich and poor Americans—do you favor or oppose the federal government doing this?”
- Percent favoring: 56%
- “The federal government banning all abortions—do you favor or oppose the federal government doing this?”
- Percent opposed: 75%
- “Would you favor or oppose an amendment to the U.S. Constitution saying that no state can allow two men to marry each other or two women to marry each other?”
- Favor: 36% Oppose: 56%
- “Restricting the kinds of guns that people can buy—should the federal government do more about it, do the same as now, do less about it, or do nothing at all?”
- Percent answering “more”: 60%
- 06/13/07: U.S. News & World Report : "Progressives Claim Electoral Advantage"
- 06/13/07: USA Today - On Politics : "Liberal analysis: Conservative America is a myth"
- 06/14/07: Atlanta Journal-Constitution : "Media play to worst instincts"
- 06/14/07: Scripps Howard Foundation Wire : "Politically, Americans, Talks Right, Leans Left, Study Finds"
For thefull report visit: