MANCHESTER, NH - Coming on the heels of the International Association of Fire Fighters endorsement of Chris Dodd for President, Dodd's campaign continued to roll out its New Hampshire leadership team today with the announcement of several prominent endorsements including Dennis Murphy, former President of the National Education Association of New Hampshire and Dave Lang, President of the Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire (PFFNH), as well as 21 influential Democratic activists from across the state.
"These individuals are some of the most well respected and influential Democratic activists from across New Hampshire," said Dodd's New Hampshire spokesman Bryan DeAngelis. "Senator Dodd continues to attract talented people to his campaign and with this leadership team continuing to come together, we will be able to spread Senator Dodd's message of proven leadership to the people of New Hampshire. These individuals know what it takes to win on Election Day, and the campaign is honored to have their support."
Dave Lang has been named as a State Co-Chair of New Hampshire for Chris Dodd . He joins current Chair Joe Keefe, former Chairman of the New Hampshire Democratic Party. Lang represents over 2000 active and retired fire fighters and paramedics in New Hampshire. He is a Captain in the Hampton Fire Department and has served in a leadership position for the PFFNH for 26 of his 27 years on the job. He became President of the PFFNH in 2001.
Dennis Murphy has been named as a Co-Chair of Labor for Dodd joining State Representative and Fire Fighter Dan Sullivan. Murphy worked for NEA New Hampshire for over 15 years, serving as the executive Director from 2001 to 2003. The NEA is the country's largest professional employee organization with over 3.2 million members, including over 15,000 public school educators from across New Hampshire. Prior to his service with the NEA New Hampshire, Murphy served as the Commissioner of Labor under Governor Hugh Gallen from 1981 to 1983. He also served as a State Representative for the town of Pittsfield from 1965 to 1966 before taking a job with Governor John King.
Cinde Warmington has been named Chair of Belknap County for Dodd . Warmington served on Senator John Kerry's New Hampshire Steering Committee in 2003 and 2004 and will join Dodd's steering committee as the Chair of Belknap County. She currently serves as the Gilford Town Chair of the New Hampshire Democratic Party, and is an attorney with the law firm of Sulloway & Hollis, P.L.L.C. in Concord, where she primarily represents health care providers and non-profit organizations.
Anna Tilton has been named Co-Chair of Cheshire County for Dodd. Titlon currently resides in Marlborough, NH and serves as the Cheshire County Register of Probate. She is also the 2nd Vice Chair of the Cheshire County Democrats and previously served as the Chair.
State Representative Mike Farley of Manchester has been named the Co-Chair of Hillsborough County for Dodd .
Sullivan County Treasurer and former State Representative Cynthia Sweeney has been named Co-Chair of Sullivan County for Dodd .
The campaign also announced the following additions to the New Hampshire for Chris Dodd Steering Committee:
- State Representative Marcia Moody (New Market)
- Bill Trumble - Former Dean of UNH College of Life Sciences and Agriculture, Grassroots organizer for Carol Shea-Porter 2006 (Madbury)
- Dick Labonte - Veteran, Democratic Activist, Grassroots organizer for Carol Shea-Porter 2006 (Somersworth)
- Michael Duclos - Veteran, Retired Fire Fighter (Rochester)
- Connie Margowsky - Somersworth Town Democratic Chair (Somersworth)
- Muriel Ring - Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, Educator (Somersworth)
- Karen Bernier - Democratic Activist (Rochester)
- Kathi Braun - Director of Finance, UNH Manchester (Fremont)
- Andrea Calandrella - Democratic Activist (Lebanon)
- James Donovan - Democratic Activist (Bedford)
- Peter Hope - Secretary, Grantham Town Democratic Committee, member Green Mountain Club (Grantham)
- Grace Johnson - Environmentalist, Democratic Activist (Grantham)
- Andrew Klein - Student for Dodd, Dartmouth College (Hanover)
- Cynthia Lamagdelaine - Democratic Activist (Somersworth)
- Wes Martin - Professor, Keene State College (Richmond)
- Bryan Martineau - Vice President of the Student Senate, NH Community Technical College at Manchester (Goffstown)
- Kelsea Perreault - Specialized Learning Aide at Exeter High School, Student for Dodd, Southern New Hampshire University (Exeter)
- Todd Sweet - Democratic Activist (Greenland)
- Tom White - Coordinator of Educational Outreach for the Cohen Center of Holocaust Studies at Keene State College (Keene)