Another Lie Exposed: Senator Jeanne Shaheen Now Admits to Slashing Medicare for Seniors
Shaheen's ObamaCare "enacted $200 Billion in cuts to Medicare Advantage over 10 years"
- In 2009, Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) promised Granite Staters who depend on Medicare that ObamaCare “protects Medicare benefits.”
- But in 2010 Jeanne Shaheen voted to slash Medicare Advantage to pay for ObamaCare. (H.R. 4872, CQ Vote #72: Motion agreed to 56-42: R 0-40; D 54-2; I 2-0, 3/24/10, Shaheen Voted Yea)
- In New Hampshire alone,15,281 seniors rely on Medicare Advantage plans (6% of all Medicare enrollees).
- According to America’s Health Insurance Plans, in New Hampshire, seniors on Medicare Advantage plans experienced cost increases and benefit cuts of an estimated $50-60 per month as a result of this year's 6 percent cut to the program due to ObamaCare.
- Now, as New Hampshire seniors are being crushed under the weight of ObamaCare and as her poll numbers plummet, Jeanne Shaheen admits in a letter to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid that she cut Medicare for seniors after promising Granite Staters that ObamaCare "protects Medicare benefits."
- Shaheen's letter reads: “We write to raise serious concerns about the Medicare Advantage (MA) 2015 rate notice and the impact further cuts may have on the millions of individuals enrolled in the program,” the senators write. “We are strongly committed to preserving the high quality health plan choices and benefits that our constituents receive through the MA program. Given the impact that payment policies could have on our constituents, we ask that you prioritize beneficiaries’ experience and minimize disruption in maintaining payment levels for 2015.”
"Jeanne Shaheen promised Granite Staters that ObamaCare wouldn't harm seniors who rely on Medicare, but that wasn't true," said NRSC Press Secretary Brook Hougesen.
"Jeanne Shaheen has repeatedly deceived New Hampshire voters. Now even though Jeanne Shaheen admits that she slashed Medicare Advantage to pay for ObamaCare, she is trying to blame others for her broken promises. Shaheen's reckless cuts to Medicare mean fewer benefits and health care choices for seniors. Deceiving seniors about Medicare isn't the first lie Jeanne Shaheen told about ObamaCare, but it serves as the latest reminder that Granite Staters can't trust her to keep her word."