Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 08:57AM
- IRS chief out; Obama vows new oversight: National political reporter Matt Viser with the latest on the Internal Revenue Service controversy and the ousting of its commissioner.
- GOP presses EPA pick with 1,000 questions: In the sixth installment of the Broken City series, Washington bureau reporter Noah Bierman details the tortured and bitter nomination battle over Gina McCarthy's selection as the new EPA administrator. Some Democrats are calling it harassment.
- Gomez unclear on some aspects of abortion: Political reporter Stephanie Ebbert interviewed the US Senate candidate specifically on his views on abortion, since his nuanced stance has created some confusion.
- A seat at the Arctic table: The Arctic is melting and that's creating a foreign policy challenge for the US and other nations, but it's easy to put off dealing with it. But now summer is coming and the ice is melting. National security reporter Juliette Kayyem writes.
- The magical mogul: Columnist Joan Vennochi shared her thoughts on Steve Wynn and Everett as a casino target.