I enjoy taking and watching the polls on facebook. They tend to be made up of a decent cross section of America and give a good insight to what most normal people think.
Here are 10 polls I found this week:
1) Do you approve of Barack Obama's health care legislation?
2) Should prostitution be legalized and taxed?
3) Should marijuana be legalized?
16% only for medical purposes
38% yes, but with an age requirement like alcohol
4) Did Former President George W. Bush Do A Good Job, Or At Least Try.
5) Do you feel safer from terrorists now that Obama is President?
6) Has Obama been a good president in his first few months of office?
7) Should Bush Administration officials be investigated and prosecuted for violating the Geneva Conventions by torturing war detainees?
8) Is the U.S. finally winning the war in Iraq?
9) Has House Speaker Nancy done a good job
10) Should Abortion Be illegalized
Each of these poll questions can be a solid debate point in and of itself. The one thing they say to me is that Democrats are making the same mistakes Republicans did under Bush. They are incorrectly assuming that the public voted for them. You can see above that over all people are not all that positive on the Bush administration but they are even more critical of Obama. The overwhelming majority object to his health care plan and even fewer feel he is doing enough to keep this country safe.
Based on the writing on the wall its going to be an interesting next few years.